API describe the release of short film 'Fitna', by a Dutch law- maker Geert Wilders as some act of anti-muslims. This claim is supported by the fact that Geert Wilders support an anti-immigration, Freedom Party who had rise in anticipation of the film to about 10 percent of the vote. This fact shows that Geert Wilders has an hidden agenda over this so called free and academic documentary film.
API support the respond by Syeikh Yusof Qardawi on this film.
Five Ways to Defend Qur'an: Qaradawi
Sheikh Qaradawi outlined five ways to respond to insults to Islam and Prophet Muhammad by Wilders and his alike.
1. "We need scholarly refutations to claims that Prophet Muhammad incited the killing of men and women," he stressed.
2. "This should be done in several languages to reach all those who do not know the truth about the prophet of mercy."
The prominent Muslim scholar also urged political responses.
3. "Heavyweight Muslim countries should have a manly stance in defense of Islam and its prophet," he added.
4. "The peoples need to pressure their governments to take such a stand and prove to the world that the Muslim Ummah is still alive."
Sheikh Qaradawi also underlined the need for artistic and media responses.
5. "Movies and TV shows play an important role in clarifying the true image of a much-stereotyped Islam."
Sheikh Qaradawi said the response is boycotting the products of countries that allow its citizens to bash Islam.
"What the Dutch politician did is tantamount to opening fire on the Qur'an,"
"Calling the Qur'an a 'fascist book' is a groundless, fabricated allegation that can only come from an ignorant,"
"We ask them to better understand the Islam's message of peace, mercy and human brotherhood,"
"We also hope that non-Muslims will get a chance to know the truth about Islam which only wants peace and prosperity for mankind."
Nurfitri Amir Muhammad
Angkatan Pemuda Pemudi Islam